Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 4: Jan 29

I've got like zero time to write: work is insanely busy. I feel stretched to the max, and I wonder whether I am going to make it through school OK. I am trying to balance school, work, and a social life -- I'm trying not to let any of it suffer, but I think in the end the thing that's suffering is me and my stress.

I keep wondering about the idea of stopping the client from speaking. This happened the past 2 weeks, where I wanted to interrupt somehow, but didn't. I think it's important to allow the client the space they need to talk, but if they start wandering off someplace else then perhaps there's a way to reign them in? Or maybe it's better to just let them wander, as since I don't know where they're going perhaps I should let them, as they may be getting to some important detail?

I'm thinking there's a balance of some sort there.

I'll try to write more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment