Friday, January 9, 2009

106 - class 1

I've been looking forward to this class for a while now. Now that it's started, though, I'm nervous. Why? I don't know - it's kind of an odd thing to be nervous about training.

I was thinking last night that I may have made a very odd career choice here: I often think of myself as uncomfortable talking to people I don't know very well. Yet that will be the nature of my job in many ways. Though I appreciated when Paul said that counseling is more listening than anything.

I do realize, though, that this is not just having a conversation with someone - the things I will be learning in this (and other) classes will help guide me in creating directed "conversations" with the clients.

I need to look at the sylabus again; I forget if there's something specific we're supposed to include in this. For now, I'll sign off here...

No comments:

Post a Comment