Friday, January 16, 2009

Class2 - first night practicing

First night practicing; only have a couple minutes:
- was nervous about it all day
- was both relieved and disappointed when we were told it was only 6 minutes
- need work on my observational skills: I barely had anything to say to Matt
- I felt comfortable in the counselor scenario, though I was very aware when Paul was observing me
- I did second-guess myself a couple times as counselor
- I need to learn and practice the intents/responses MUCH more, as I felt like I was just flying by the seat of my pants
- I'm self-conscious that my feedback will be perceived as too negative: it's easier to point out the things that were weird or bad than the good parts (I found myself straining to find 'good' things to say; and that's not to say the session was bad, it just wasn't brilliant and was easier to find the faults than the triumphs)

...more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment